An inconstant record...

...of my itinerant travels through space and time.

1.30.2006

Graffiti Tour (Part II)

There's so much great street art in mi barrio that I had to post another gallery of it. To see the rest, click here. I'm especially partial to the dense stencil-wheatpaste combinations (below): some remind me of Rauschenberg's "Combines," now on view at the Met in NYC. (I went to see them on a rainy day just after New Year's. For all you New Yorkers who have the time to check it out, you should.) Enjoy...

2 comments:

Brant said...

Dope

Anonymous said...

That one of the juggler is sweet. Are his clubs being held in a symbol of impotence, though? Or maybe he's just riffing on the "I'm a sad clown with a smile painted on my face" motif. Either way, the way the clubs are hanging shows the dude knows how to juggle, 'cause if you're good you can catch the third club between the two already in your hand, as he's done here.