Below - some of the fabulous (and reminiscent of San Francisco) street art on display in my 'hood. As far as I can tell, Palermo is to Bs. As. as the Mission west of Valencia St. is to SF. Or as Williamsburg is to Brooklyn. Still a bit edgy, with the occasional auto-body shop in view, but recently invaded by hipster clothing boutiques, trendy cafés, dimly-lit bars with beautiful people spilling out onto the sidewalks at 3AM, and... street art. It's no doubt a nice place to be for now, familiar and easy while I practice Spanish and get my travelling legs, but after 2.5 more weeks I'll certainly be ready to move on.











4 comments:
lovin' your reports and pics. the world through the eyes of the firgz.
excited to hear how the GP volunteering goes.
love,
baltimore jo.
great stuff here danimal. I bet the folks over at Wooster Collective would love it. Keep up the great reports!
D, you are living the high life down there! it seems like you're having an awesome time, between your new badass apartment, cool grafiti, spanish lessons...you're gonna wayyy surpass my spanish skills btw, actually you probably already have. anyway, great blog, i feel very updated on your life, and i love the pics!
haha. i think they struck you as much as the did me. i looooved the graffiti in BsAs.
http://dirtmine.com/gallery/BsAsGraffiti
i'm gonna post the Bogota stencils sometime soon on my flickr account, they had some dope ones there as well.
-- volker
Post a Comment