An inconstant record...

...of my itinerant travels through space and time.

3.07.2006

Longest Siesta Ever

Mendoza is a ghost town between the hours of 2:00 and 6:00 PM. It's like people just float off into some other invisible hidden indoor world. What do they do all afternoon? 4 hour lunches? 4 hour naps? Video games? Anyway, it's eerie to be out walking around and just see people disappearing left and right. And then all of a sudden at 6:15 the streets are packed again and the sidewalk cafés are 4 deep with tables of beer drinking, ice cream eating, happily chattering crowds... and they stay this way straight through to 3:00 AM. No wonder they call this place Men-doze-a. I´m not quite down with this routine yet, but I'm slowly learning to like it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You certainly seemed to like siestas whenever I wanted to drag you on a bike ride, Dan! What's with this flip-flopping?

Anonymous said...

DAN

You actually think they're playing PAC-MAN during a siesta?

Come on Dan, I brought you up to be just a bit more inventive than that!
(Think, "Latin blood!")

....an Older and Wiser, (albeit dated...PAC MAN(?) DAD